Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh Holy Night...

As we get closer and closer to Christmas, I find myself breaking into tears at the most random times and places. The simplest song, look, phrase or gift can make me babble like a baby. Part of it is because I am so in love. Part of it is because I am so grateful for the restoration I've experienced. Part of it is because I mourn the years we lost.

Last night, I was at our worship pastor's house practicing for the Christmas Eve Candle Light service. One of the people there had been really pressuring me to get Chris to do sound on that night, but I stood my ground. We were going to sit together as a family. And I was kind of sad that this person didn't get the magnitude of that gesture....two months ago this Christmas was going to have a very different outcome.

Then we started practicing. We're singing Oh Holy Night. And again, at the most random moment in a completely inappropriate setting, to a christmas carol that so many of us sing mindlessly....I was trying so hard to fight the tears that were welling up....I think a few may have fallen. Read these words....really look at them. And think about Chris and I, or whatever situation you may be in yourself. Maybe you will be fighting a few tears of your own.

Long lay the world in sin and error pinning.
Till He appeared and the soul felt His worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices.
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees...

No comments:

Post a Comment