Monday, December 13, 2010

Time is going to fast.

It seems like every day flies by faster than the last.
My kids are growing up quicker than I'd like.
Spencer turned 3 on the 10th. He has come so far in such a short time.
His vocab is catching up, he is becoming such an intelligent interesting young boy.

We're finally healthy, so back to normal, except Christmas is literally around the corner and I haven't purchased one gift yet. EEEEK! Santa better get to work.

It still seems like yesterday that Chris and I were trying to find every way imaginable to hurt each other, piss each other off, 'one up' the other. Now, we're just so natural. Only by the grace of God.

Still, there are times when I find us slipping into our old routine. The 'changes' that both of us had "made" seem to have been not as permanent as we would have wanted. For example, Chris came home from work yesterday very tired, and believe me I understand that feeling, but the kids didn't want to play with me anymore, they just wanted daddy time...and he pushes them off. I HATE that.....they don't understand that you were working all day, they just know you weren't here and now you are and it's time to play. Then on my side, Chris mentions Tilbury (where Julie lives) and I completely clam up and go to that not so nice place where all the bad memories and feelings flood in, from one stupid word.

Then there are times like dinner last night. I made our household favourite, and we all sat down for dinner, we hadn't actually done that since Chris has come home because of schedules or picky eaters or whatever....it was so nice to just sit as a family - together - united - complete.

Now if we can just make every moment like family dinner......life would be perfect. But who wants/needs perfect? Its the messiness that makes like interesting. Right?

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment