Monday, November 15, 2010

Angels in my path...

Of my own making, I've been feeling very alone in the past year. I moved 3 hours away from my entire family. The few friends that I do have here in Chatham, I pushed away because I felt like they were taking Chris's side. Needless to say, it's been a hard road on my own. I see now, it didn't have to be alone as there are so many people who have been willing to help or listen, I just wasn't open to it.

In the past month God has put angels in my path. People who have been given words from God for me, and people who know how to support me.

One specifically is a friend from Hamilton, Heather. She has been involved for over three years, when our battle first started. At first I was receptive, then I started using her just as a venting place. It wasn't until recently that I read over all of her emails and started putting into practice what she was saying. If only I had listened long ago.....She is an angel.

A new angel who has crossed my path is here in Chatham, Elisabeth. It was pure timing - God's timing - that she asked me how I was doing and I broke down about Spencer and the challenges that I am going through with him and trying to get a handle on how to accommodate autism into our daily lives. Elisabeth has two children with autism, and she is a teacher, she has been godsend.....She is an angel.

Someone who has been there all along, but because of my own stubborness and anger and resentment, I missed out on many months of what could have been a shoulder to cry on and an understanding heart - my sister in law, Kinsley. She has tried to help from the beginning, but I couldn't listen, wouldn't listen to her. Now I see what a miraculous change has come over her, she has become a strong passionate woman of God and I appreciate her advice so much....she is an angel.


Lord, thank you for bringing these strong women into my path and for using them to comfort and guide me along this journey.

1 comment:

  1. You are precious, Jessica and easy to love. May God bless you abundantly for the new choices you're making and restore your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete