Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Drive By Mistake

I had to go to staples today to pick up something for work tomorrow.

CONFESSION:
I drove by Reitmans, I glared into the store, I had hate in my heart.

Did the devil make my printer run out of ink? Probably not. I won't ever admit he has that much control over our physical world. But did he place the validation of going to the strip mall that she works in while I know she is working there? Absolutely.

But I didn't go in. And I didn't drive by slowly....not too slowly.

I'm terrified about what will be said in their conversation tonite. I'm terrified that I will see hurt and sympathy in his eyes for her and my heart will break again.

Lord, please guide Chris with the words to say tonight, too ease the hurt but explain that without a doubt he has chosen his wife and will not be tempted. Lord, keep the hate out of my heart and eyes and let your Spirit be present in our living room during this dreaded phone call.

2 comments:

  1. Praying and crying right along with you tonight, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful not to give into any temptation concerning this person. You will regret it later.

    ReplyDelete