Chris showed up....step one complete.
I took accountability for my actions, yes he is a victim as well, step two complete.
Will you both commit to the marriage? Me - Yes Chris - No.....step three complete.
Yes, it is complete, not the outcome I wanted, and yes I feel rejected and angry and distraught, but God is my rock and I am strangely at peace. If I didn't have Him, I know I'd be curled up in my bed sobbing, but I am at work and I am bubbly and have a smile on my face and I know exactly where that comes from.
He did agree to meet with our pastor alone this afternoon to discuss some more, my pastor said he feels led that the Holy Spirit is present and Chris is ready for a change, we just have to push the devil's foot completely out of the door.
I will not give up.
God is my refuge and strength and my fight is not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities not of this world.
Again, emphatically I say. Devil, you have NOT WON.
Lord, keep my heart soft and my countenance pure. Protect my husband as he battles against the devil for so much more than just his marriage. I again plead your blood over my marriage and our children. Soothe their hearts and comfort their souls. You are God and I praise you for all you have done and will continue to do - even if You don't do it they way I'd like :) Amen!
Interceding for you both, dear friend.
ReplyDelete